Spicy Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe
Beaconite Ayza Ali shares a simple yet delicious chicken dish packed with flavour, served best with a side of roast potatoes and a fresh garden salad.
Course : Dinner
Yield : 2 servings
Difficulty level : Easy
Prep time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 10 minutes
Total time : 25 minutes
• 1 chicken breast (250g approximate)
• 1 T olive oil
• 1 T lemon zest
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
• freshly cracked black pepper
1. Wash and pat dry the chicken breast and place on a chopping board. Slice lengthwise to make two pieces. Using a meat tenderizer,pound the steaks lightly until thickness is about 1/2 inch.
2. Cut 2-3 slits in each steak with a sharp knife and rub them with olive oil and lemon zest making sure to get them inside the slits.
3. Next,season steaks with salt,cajun seasoning,garlic powder and lemon pepper on both sides.
4. Get a cast iron skillet (or any non stick skillet) ready by placing a generous pat of butter in it over medium heat and let it melt.
5. Just before you place the steaks in the pan,crack some fresh black pepper on both sides of the steaks.This will help create a nice crust.
6. Crank up the heat to high and cook each side till brown and crusty. Then decrease heat to low and cook steaks till no longer pink inside and golden from outsidr (about 2-3 minutes).
7. Remove from heat and garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices.
Chicken thighs would work just as well with this recipe.
Cajun seasoning can be replaced with red pepper flakes if unable to find. Increase it to 1 tsp for an extra hint of spice.
Have something to add to this post, please comment below.