Mum’s Fluffy Egg Recipe
Start your day with an easy yet fancy breakfast which you can whip up in just a few minutes. It’s balanced, delicious and pretty looking for all the Instagram foodies!
Difficulty level: Easy
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 6 mins
Total time: 16 mins
• 1 egg
• 1 slice of bread of your preference
• a pat of butter
• salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Crack open the egg to separate the yolk and white into two bowls. Keep yolk aside.
3. Beat the whites till they have stiff peaks using a hand mixer.
4. Butter your slice of toast generously and using a spoon, place the whites on top and make a well in the middle.
5. Place in preheated oven till whites have started to turn golden from the edges, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, add the yolk in the well and return to oven for a further 2-3 minutes till the yolk has set.
7. Season well with salt and pepper and serve.